Submitting a comment in opposition to the Bakken Pipeline to the Iowa Utilities Board (IUB) will take less than 5 minutes, and is one of the most important things you can do to help stop the pipeline!
Need talking points for your submission to IUB? Check out ETP’s official petition to the Iowa Utilities Board, general facts about the proposed pipeline or our resource page for more information, or videos that highlight stances against the pipeline, including economics of the project and the overarching impacts.
Comments submitted to the IUB help elevate grassroots opposition to the pipeline, and are the only way to voice official opposition prior to the IUB’s hearing that will permit or deny a permit to the Bakken Pipeline. All comments will be considered before the Board’s final decision.
- Click “Submit Filing” in upper center bar of page. Continue to next page, and select “Submit Filing as Guest”
- Complete all information in the form- subject fields marked with a red asterisk must be completed in order to submit your objection. The Docket Number for the pipeline is HLP-2014-0001.
- Scroll to bottom of page, and enter characters depicted in image in the associated text box. Keep in mind these characters are case-sensitive. Click add document on bottom-center of page.
- Write your objection in a Microsoft Word document, then save it in a place you can easily find. To upload this document, include a title in the subject field marked as “Document Title”, then click “Add This Document to Filing.”
- To complete filing your objection, submit your document by clicking “Submit Filing” in bottom-center of screen. You will receive an email notification that your document has been accepted as a formal objection to the pipeline!
Alternatively, you can mail your objection(s) to IUB. Include your name, address, status as a landowner, email, and the Docket Number for the pipeline (HLP-2014-0001) to following address:
IOWA UTILITIES BOARD
1375 East Court Avenue, Room 69
Des Moines, IA 50319-0069
For more ways to take action against the Bakken Pipeline, go here.